How about: Virtual Worlds and Education ?
Or: Virtual Worlds and Alternate Realities - Where Do Libraries Fit In?
And of course the Grand Opening of the Second Life Medical and Consumer Health Library on Saturday 14th October. Here's the agenda.
Times are in Second Life / U.S. Pacific Time (-7 or -8 GMT, depending on daylight savings)
The Opening will start at the SL Medical Library (Info Island 165, 204, 33).
Saturday 14th October
- 09:30-9:40 - Namro Orman on the project Medical Library in Sl
- 09:40-9:50 - Marymac Dougall on Breast Cancer Awareness
- 09:50-10:00 - Coreshadow Bordiga on the Project Virtual Hospital
- 10:00-10:15 - Quick Tour Medical Library building and Herb Garden
- 10:15-10:20 - Location change to the Consumer Health Library, Info Island II (227, 202, 23)
- 10:20-10:30 - Carolina Keats on the Consumer Health Library and Tour
- 10:30-10:40 - Second location change to (normally private) islands Asterix/Obelix for live sims. (Instructions will follow)
- 10:40 -11:55 - Moriz Gupta on training of health care staff within SL, the project IBAPP (Idaho Bioterrorism Awareness and Preparedness Program) and SL, and very, very special live sims!
- (11.55 - Very quickly BACK TO INFO ISLAND for:
- 12:00 p.m. sl - Ribbon Cutting and Special Speaker - Info island Open Air Auditorium (Info Island 143, 82, 34) - Katt Kongo, editor, Metaverse Messenger )
Carolina and I (and all others participating) would like to welcome you on this event!
Come and have a look! And if you can not make it, comment on this blog, email or IM us and we will make an appointment to do a personal Tour later.
If you want to do a tour all by yourself: in the SL Medical and Consumer Health Library you can get a Tour Guide. It is a so-called Heads-Up Display and contains of a pre-defined chat-session.
You first get a copy of the Tour Guide Tool and from within your Inventory you choose WEAR. A blue button will appear in the Left-Top screen. Click on it and read the chat lines! You can that way walk the complete tour in the SLML ánd CHIL.
Stroke Support Group Second Life: Sojourner display